Thursday, September 29, 2005

My Hero

Reece will be turning 3 on Saturday. I am proud of this 3 year old litle guy who has the biggest heart and smile of anyone I know. He is my hero. The best definition I found for a hero is this, "A person noted for special achievement". This defines Reece. Even though Reece struggles with his speech and the frustration of people not understanding him, this does not detour him from his passion. Trains. Give the boy a choo choo and watch him dream. Many times Reece will say or do something that makes me stop and remember what it was like to dream too.
Children often remind us of how simple this life really should be, and how we have made it so complicated. It is about dreams, playing hard, not getting in a hurry, enjoying the moment, relaxing, and caring.
That is why Reece is my hero. He has got it figured out. It is not about me, it is about life. I truly love the sound of my name when it comes from his raspy little voice. It is clear and perfect, just about the same as he.
What a trmendous blessing to have my hero in my house, not many people get that chance.
Hey, Reece, why are you always blaming mommy for doing something to your choochoo?