

Every time we go to the ranch (known to us as the Hody Mody) we experience something different. And this time was no exception. To list them all would take forever and the I only have a few lines for each entry, so here goes. Reece threw up. Jay had horrible sinus issues (some called it the bird flu) and over-reacted at the throw up thing with Reece, little Krista decided she did not need to sleep at night and then got a touch of sickness as well, Carolyn spent most of her time crafting, playing with her cousins and drinking juice. And Gala showed everyone why she will be the next glamour photographer of the year.
We were surprised by a visit from Grandpa. Yes, my dad drove 5 hours to stay for 3 hours only to drive back home for 5 hours. What a day. His visit ws stress-free....most of the time. He enjoyed his time, I think, but made sure that we all understood what he would do different with the ranch. His main suggestion was to carry extra cables, tools, batteries, kitty litter, spare tires, mototr oil, turkey sandwiches, water, warm winter blanket, snow chains, skil saw, cheese, Bible, flare gun, toothbrush, whistle, oragami, grape jelly, sunday school quaterly, matches, George Foreman grill, and anything else in case of distress and/or being stranded.
Each family planned (how much planning does frozen lasagna take, Missy?) and provided a nightly meal. Phillip E. got his first deer and turkey in the same week. Reece and carolyn each got 2 fish and Jay got a small bass with a hotdog. Go figure. We played SHOUT at the TV, which is a fun game......which can only be played once. Will Ferrell entertained us with his antics and some wacthed Madagascar.............."who wipes?" And the Cowboys. I still have chest pains from that loss to Denver.
Thanksgiving is one of those holidays that sometimes gets over shadowed by Christmas, but I truly enjoy this time of the year. It is a time of reflection, excitement, and anticipation. I am forever thankful for my three little ones, my wonderful companion, my family, Gala's family, and friends. I must admit I still even to this day, wish my mom could experience just one smile from Krista, one word from Reece and one hug from Carolyn. Those are the things I am most thankful for.



No comments:
Post a Comment