
Wait! Slow down! Stop!
Tears filled my eyes around 10:15am on Thursday morning, May 25 while standing in a hot elementary scholl cafeteria. Even though I was wrestling with Reece and trying somehow to capture this moment with the use of video technology, I journeyed back some years ago to when I sat in my house and cried out to God about wanting to be a father.
I remember, so vividly, wanting to experience this moment. I have seen Carolyn play soccer, golf, draw, sing, dance and play, I have experienced the births of Reece and Krista, but it was the graduation ceremony from Kindergarden that has brought me this sense of joy. Proud. Grateful. Overwhelmed. Blessed. These words not only describe feelings but they define a lifetime of memories. I know my other two kids will walk the same road through school, and again, I will sense these same felings and emotions, but this one, as the first, is set a part. This is my baby girl.
I have always been exteremly proud of my children. They are the world to me. Today, I became somewhat proud of myself. I sensed a good feeling about being a parent. Praying and believeing that one day you will be called "daddy" is one thing, seeing the small proof of being an effective "daddy" is another.
Today, my eyes were filled with tears of joy, and my eyes were beaming with pride. I love you Carolyn.
-daddy



No comments:
Post a Comment