Monday, May 05, 2008

My Favorite Picture

What is it about this picture that makes me laugh and cry at the same time? Is it the blue eyes that somehow draw you in? Is it the lush green grass that invites you to run barefoot through it? Is it the resemblence of a JC Penney catalog cover? Is it the color? Is it the person? Yes.
What I see in this picture is a small fraction of the blessing God poured out to me. What I see is beyond what you see. What I see is God's goodness to me. What I see is what I don't deserve. What I see is years of longing. What I see is refreshing. What I see is part of God's plan. What I see is determination. What I see is joy. What I see goes beyond my failures. What I see is love displayed in creation. What I see is a reflection. What I see is my son. I love you Reece.

No comments: