Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Wonderful lady of the home

Just a quick note to say thank you. Sometimes you forget how a home operates on a daily basis. Our home is a wonderful place to be and it is led by a wonderful person. It is not often enough that this person is thanked or rewarded for what she does....everyday. This morning while eating breakfast outside in the backyard, I was reminded of why I love my life and where I am. Carolyn and Reece were at school and little Krista, stuffy nose and whinning, was asleep in her crib. And there she sat across the small iron table from me, mommy, as she is known around these parts. I could tell she was exhausted and tired. So we chatted and I again realized how many times her world and the things she does seems to go unnoticed. So I am taking this space to notice.
Thank you, mommy (aka. honey bunny) for what you do for me and the kids. You are never selfish, you are strong and good at what you do. I love who you are and what you have become. Our children need to know how good they have it. Even through the whinning for more juice, change my diaper, blow my nose, hold me longer, get me this, get me that, and that is just from me, this lady takes it all and does it all. I know one day Carolyn, Reece and Krista will really appreciate what thier mommy has done and is doing for them, just becasue she wants to. Kids have a funny way of saying thank you without saying a word. I can see it in their eyes. They appreciate you so much.
Often I get concerned with organizing the house, painting the house, heating the house, cooling the house, paying for the house, etc., but it seems mommy is more concened with making it a home. And there is difference in the two. Yeah, we need another bedroom, yes, a larger kitchen, more family playroom space, larger bathroom and more. But I am reminded of how well we are doing. That house will come, but it will never complete the home. The lives inside complete the home and it has become a home because of the lady who runs it.