Sunday, November 05, 2006

First Monday at Canton

Over the weekend, the family went to Canton. You know, that place where the largest flea market in the world is. Our weekend started off really nice. On Friday, we traveled to Mabank, home of Cedar Creek Lake, to visit with Gala's cousin and her family in their new lake house. What a beautiful view of the lake. The boat dock was located on dry land. No water insight.

After getting the kids down for the night, the adults decided to play some board games. We made it through one round of Sequence, and then it hit. What in the world is going on in my stomach? Yes, that's right, I had the _________ (you fill in the blanks). ALL NIGHT LONG!!! Hello, we were here to go shopping and site seeing at the lake house, not all play keep away from the infection man.

I did pull the boot straps together and decided that we are still going to Canton! (What a trooper!) So I grabbed a trash bag, can of sprite and gladly drove my family to Neverland. Needless to say, I got better as the day progressed.

Now as for my wonderful, charming, awesome, perfect....wife..she toted Krista around the small country in the baby sling sacrificing her back, neck, shoulder, etc. so I could moan and groan about not being able to eat roasted corn on a stick. This is what a loving couple signs up for on their wedding day. Right!

All in all it was one of those events/moments that we laugh about now. How comical it is for us at times. Why can't things just go as planned. But hey, it is what keeps us exciting! Next time, don't you want to come along too?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear your family was well taken care of whilst you were dropping wolfbait along the way.