Thursday, November 30, 2006

He said what?

I wish there was mute button to use at the moment when your child is about to address another adult and you have no idea what might be uttered. It happened Tuesday at physical therapy. Recently Carolyn has a lost a few teeth and this has been a questioning time for Reece. He would really like to lose a tooth as well.

There was a mom waiting for her child to finish therapy and Reece noticed that the mom might be from Weatherford, since she was missing a few front teeth. Reece decided that he needed to initiate a conversation with this lady.

Reece begins to gesture with his mouth open and starts fidgeting with his teeth. He then says, "Carolyn missing some teeth too. I loose teeth when I am six".

Stunned, the lady smiled, again revealing the possibility of being a trailer owner, and looked to Gala for help. Red faced, all Gala could say was, "his sister just lost some teeth too and he wants to loose some as well".

Kinda of reminded me of this scene in the movie Uncle Buck.

[at a meeting with the assistant principal, who's got a big unsightly growth on her face]
Anita: I'm Anita Hoargarth.
Buck Russell: [Staring at it] I'm Buck Melanoma. Moley Russell's wart. Not her wart. Not her wart! I'm... I'm the wart. She's my tumor. My... my growth. My... uh, my pimple. I'm Uncle Wart. Just old Buck "Wart" Russell. That's what they call me, or Melanoma Head. They'll call me that. "Melanoma Head's coming." I'm s... uncle! Maisy Russell's uncle!

No comments: