Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Thanksgiving Football

Tradition: Thanksgiving and Football
For the last 30 plus years that I can remember, I have enjoyed some tremendous Cowboys games on Thanksgiving Day. Here are some of my favorite and why.

1993, Miami, 16 - 14, Loss:
The famous "Snow Bowl Game". I was there (on the Miami sidelines). It was an amazing experience to see the excitement of one team while watching the disapointing reaction of another. The Dolphin locker room was very animated.

1990, Washington, 27 - 17, Win:
Again was there (Sidelines). This was the game my future in laws attended 2 months before the wedding. Got snubbed by Emmitt Smith for an autograph.

1992, NY Giants, 30 - 3, Win:
Again was there (sidelines). This game was one of those extremely bitter cold games. My mom and dad attended, as well as Gala's entire family. They sat in the highest section possible, corner endzone. Miserable conditions, and it was a blow out game.

1991, Pittsburgh, 20- 10, Win:
Was there (sidelines). Gala's family attended as well. Had Thanksgiving dinner at Denny's after the game. While at Denny's sat across from former University of Texas great Keith Cash, who played for the Steelers. I was able to obtain Troy and Emmitt's autograph for my mother-in-law, who then lost the autographs in the parking lot. Gala was approached after the game by some fans who requested her autograph......thinknig she was a Cowboys cheerleader.

1985, St. Louis, 35 - 17, Win:
First Thanksgiving game I worked on sidelines. Most games worked were Sunday, only a few Monday nights.

1995, Kansas City, 24 -12, Win:
Last game I ever worked. Miss those days. Kansas City was a very good team to work with. Lots of free stuff.

2005, Denver, 24 -21, Loss:
Great game. Watched from home.

No comments: